Founded and operated by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge’s mission is to create a world where restaurant operators can focus on the business they love. By eliminating unproductive paperwork and streamlining the flow of operational data, MarginEdge is reimagining the back office and freeing restaurants to spend more time on their culinary offerings and guest experiences. MarginEdge serves 1000 restaurants in 34 states, having now tripled sales for 3 consecutive years (no lie). We are on track to do it again this year and are looking for your help to keep it up! We are a venture capital backed company scaling up in an enormous market that’s just ripe for change.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime to join a startup that is not PLANNING to grow, but is in the midst of explosive growth! Hop on board!
We’re seeking talented folks to join our team and help our clients succeed and become passionate about our platform. The Account Manager role would be great for someone with bookkeeping or admin experience, ideally in the restaurant world, and who is passionate about customer service. You should be detail-oriented, a good problem-solver, able to seriously multi-task, enjoy client interaction, and generally be eager to learn, contribute and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced office environment.
What’s it like to work with you guys?
We are a small business that is incredibly dynamic and evolving daily. The office atmosphere is one of collaboration, creativity, independence, and fun. If you like bureaucracy, micro-management, and boring meetings, well, you just won’t be happy here. Sorry. You will be happy here if you want to work somewhere you can make a real impact – on a company, an entire industry and yourself. (The location is great too, with our recent move to an office at the Mosaic District in Fairfax.)
What type of responsibilities will I have?
- Using our software, review, approve and organize restaurant purchasing data
- Work with in-office and remote client-services teams
- Trouble-shoot client issues and help restaurants solve problems
- Work on, and when necessary escalate, exceptions and unusual situations
- Identify areas for process or product improvement
- Build strong client relationships and generate overall goodwill
What qualifications or skills are required?
- Experience in restaurants or in the food & beverage industry would be great but isn’t absolutely required
- Good computer skills, including some familiarity with Excel and Word and ability to type
- Strong attention to detail, very organized
- A comfort with numbers (No heavy math here, but you and numbers should at least be friends.)
- Pride in your work and desire to constantly go above and beyond
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment, where change is the norm and your role will change and grow as the company does
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to email@example.com.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.