Business Development – Outside Sales
Founded and run by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge helps restaurants remove the hassle of the back office. We let chefs, managers and owners get out of the office so they can do the important things; spend time with staff and guests, and build sales. We have 400+ clients in 27 states, and have accomplished 50% of that in the last 4 months (no lie). Hop on board!
Outside Sales / Business Development position
Your home office will be your base, but the top performers spend 3-4 days / week on the streets and in restaurants.
But wait; there’s more! We’re ready for you. Have you sold hospitality tech in a situation where you had to open your market, and do it with buggy software? Did you sell to long-term contracts but then devalue those relationships because the product wasn’t ready? And they now see you as a salesperson and no longer a friend? Did you work for people who were not sensitive to how hard it is to get meetings with restaurant owners? If “yes” to the above, keep reading – we get it. With almost 400 clients and a 99+% client retention rate, you get the meetings and between you and the product, your close rate will be the highest of your career..
The Job: Outbound Sales
- Generate your own business (we are making great strides with lead gen, but that will be gravy).
- Execute Discovery calls or meetings (listen), then an in-person or web-based demo (listen more).
- Adhere to pre-defined metrics.
- You are organized and you use a CRM.
Have to Haves
- 2-4 years of sales experience, preferably (but not required) hospitality tech.
- Love using a CRM system.
- OK, well “like” using a CRM system.
- OK, well you use it.
- No seriously, you do. Every day, all day.
- Respect for process, personalization, and relevance.
- You love being a part of a team, we win together.
- Fit in then stand out.
- You love restaurants. Everybody loves restaurants but you really love restaurants.
Nice to Haves:
- You’ve run a restaurant and you know that sales cures all and that every minute you are in the office is a minute that you were not with staff and / or guests.
- You’ve worked in a restaurant.
- You know the right time to join a company, and the wrong time to join a company.
We are established (almost 400 locations, 99.5+% retention) but young (3+ years old) company, and things are not going to be perfect. Having said that – the product is great, we feel we’ve cracked the code on sales metrics (with 4 current team members), and we feel we’re ready for you.
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to email@example.com.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.