Customer Support Specialist
Founded and operated by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge’s mission is to create a world where restaurant operators can focus on the business they love. By eliminating unproductive paperwork and streamlining the flow of operational data, MarginEdge is reimagining the back office and freeing restaurants to spend more time on their culinary offerings and guest experiences. MarginEdge serves 1000 restaurants in 34 states, having now tripled sales for 3 consecutive years (no lie). We are on track to do it again this year and are looking for your help to keep it up! We are a venture capital backed company scaling up in an enormous market that’s just ripe for change.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime to join a startup that is not PLANNING to grow, but is in the midst of explosive growth! Hop on board!
We’re seeking talented folks to join our team and help our clients succeed and become passionate about our platform. The Customer Support Specialist role is an entry level position and would be ideal for someone with a mix of communication skills, and a solid understand of complex systems. You should be detail-oriented, a good problem-solver, able to seriously multi-task, enjoy client interaction, and generally be eager to learn, contribute and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced office environment.
What’s it like to work with you guys?
We are a small business that is incredibly dynamic and evolving daily. The office atmosphere is one of collaboration, creativity, independence, and fun. If you like bureaucracy, micro-management, and boring meetings, well, you just won’t be happy here. Sorry. You will be happy here if you want to work somewhere you can make a real impact – on a company, an entire industry and yourself.
What type of responsibilities will I have?
- Provide excellent phone and email support
- Troubleshoot client issues and help restaurants solve problems
- Customer follow-up with updates regarding their questions or requests
- Develop a strong understanding of our software platform and customer tools
- Effectively communicate and work with other teams inside the company
What qualifications or skills are required?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Passionate about customer service
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Excellent computer skills, including some familiarity with Excel and Word and ability to type
- Strong attention to detail, very organized
- Likes to explore new products and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys problem-solving and finding creative solutions to challenges
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment, where change is the norm, and your role will change and grow as the company does
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to email@example.com.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.