VP – Marketing
Founded and operated by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge’s mission is to create a world where restaurant operators can focus on the business they love. By eliminating unproductive paperwork and streamlining the flow of operational data, MarginEdge is reimagining the back office and freeing restaurants to spend more time on their culinary offerings and guest experiences. MarginEdge serves 1000 restaurants in 34 states, having now tripled sales for 3 consecutive years (no lie). We are on track to do it again this year and are looking for your help to keep it up! We are a venture capital-backed company scaling up in an enormous market that’s just ripe for change.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime to join a startup that is not PLANNING to grow, but is in the midst of explosive growth! Hop on board!
We are seeking a seasoned product marketing professional to build out marketing function from supporting 1,000 restaurants today, to driving growth to 20,000 customers and beyond.
Working from our Merrifield, VA office (two blocks from Mosaic, a 10-min walk from Metro), you’ll be part of a growing marketing team focused on massively accelerating direct lead generation from a variety of B2B and SaaS marketing strategies while increasing MarginEdge local and national brand awareness. The VP of Marketing will be an execution-focused but strategic marketing executive with proven B2B marketing experience. You’ve worked across a variety of acquisition channels including digital, email, events and media creating cohesive campaigns to deliver meaningful revenue generation and outstanding buyer experiences.
With your entrepreneurial mindset, you’ll be responsible for helping develop, and executing against, critical areas of B2B marketing, including demand generation, events, content marketing, marketing analytics, SEO, SEM and product marketing. You will quickly become an expert in our market and its makeup and use that information to maximize marketing ROI. You’ll report to the CEO but have direct access and impact on the entire leadership team – partnerships, sales and everyone on the exec team.
- Build and manage brand; you are specifically excellent at positioning, messaging and content creation.
- Lead and execute projects and campaigns, using your strong project management skills
- Conceptualize and execute lead-acquisition email strategies, as well as ongoing nurturing campaigns
- Manage execution of paid digital demand generation campaigns, such as search/PPC/social
- Manage execution of local and national event marketing activities
- Bring new and creative ideas to the table around lead acquisition and nurturing
- Measure, analyze and ensure decisions are made based on data vs. gut-feel
- Manage agency and other outside consultants and vendors as needed
- Collaborate with the sales team to continuously refine strategic plans across national and local geographies, channels and market segments
- Hire and develop awesome marketing team members over time
- Be a critical point of contact from the company to the marketing organization on day-to-day tasks and responsibilities
- 8+ years of experience in B2B marketing and demand generation strategies with direct responsibility for driving revenue and achieving target ROI
- 5+ years of demand generation experience and leveraging digital marketing channels for growth
- Hands-on experience in a variety of acquisition channels including email marketing, SEM, social and events
- Hands-on experience with email and/or marketing automation platforms
- Degree in business or marketing
- Proven experience in positioning a company in a competitive market and growing market share
- Fantastic people and management skills
- Solid strategic thinking, time management and organization skills
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Good eye for design and creative assets
- Low ego and high intellectual curiosity
Nice to Haves
- You’ve worked in restaurants! (OK, or you totally love restaurants!)
- You’ve worked with a B2B company targeting the hospitality market, or have experience marketing into the small and medium-size business world
- You’ve worked hands-on with Hubspot
What’s it like to work with you guys?
We are a fast-growing, exciting business that is incredibly dynamic and evolving daily. The office atmosphere is one of collaboration, creativity, independence and fun. If you like bureaucracy, micro-management and boring meetings, well, you just won’t be happy here. Sorry! You will be happy here if you want to work somewhere you can make a real impact – on a company, an entire industry and yourself.
- Base salary
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, plus pre-tax HSA Plan with matching
- Casual atmosphere in Fairfax, VA, a block from Mosaic, and lots of nearby restaurants. Yum!
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to email@example.com.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.