Web Application Developer
Founded and operated by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge’s mission is to create a world where restaurant operators can focus on the business they love. By eliminating unproductive paperwork and streamlining the flow of operational data, MarginEdge is reimagining the back office and freeing restaurants to spend more time on their culinary offerings and guest experiences. MarginEdge serves 1000 restaurants in 34 states, having now tripled sales for 3 consecutive years (no lie). We are on track to do it again this year and are looking for your help to keep it up! We are a venture capital backed company scaling up in an enormous market that’s just ripe for change.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime to join a startup that is not PLANNING to grow, but is in the midst of explosive growth! Hop on board!
MarginEdge is growing fast and we need help in the form of a talented, creative, and driven Java Web App Developer to join our development team. You’ll be joining a really experienced dev group with a proven track record of success.
Our offering is a SaaS product delivered through a web interface and mobile application. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to use and grow your skills developing highly scalable backend systems, designing clean and responsive user interfaces and building mobile applications. Here’s a sample of what you’ll be working with:
- Java 8, Spring Boot, JPA, Tomcat
- AngularJS, Bootstrap, Grunt, Bower, NodeJS, D3.js
- Git / Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonarqube
- Amazon Web Services: S3, SES, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda
What’s it like to work with you guys?
We are a small business that is incredibly dynamic and evolving daily. The office atmosphere is one of collaboration and creativity and independence and fun. If you like bureaucracy, micro-management, and boring meetings, well, you just won’t be happy here. You will be happy here if you want to work somewhere you can make a real impact – on a company, an entire industry and yourself.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and development of all aspects of the system from user interface design, REST APIs, Mobile Applications, and everything else
- Innovate new features and make suggestions on the direction of the product
- Be a self-starter, who proactively seeks out new tasks, collaborates with senior team members, and searches for solutions to problems before asking for help
- Dive into customer issues when needed to provide an excellent customer experience
- Real world production experience on Java, Spring Framework, and JPA
- Knowledge and experience in debugging techniques, unit testing, and continuous deployment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Proven self-starter with experience within a dynamic work environment
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to email@example.com.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.