Director – Inside Sales
Founded and operated by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge’s mission is to create a world where restaurant operators can focus on the business they love. By eliminating unproductive paperwork and streamlining the flow of operational data, MarginEdge is reimagining the back office and freeing restaurants to spend more time on their culinary offerings and guest experiences. MarginEdge serves 1000 restaurants in 34 states, having now tripled sales for 3 consecutive years (no lie). We are on track to do it again this year and are looking for your help to keep it up! We are a venture capital-backed company scaling up in an enormous market that’s just ripe for change.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime to join a startup that is not PLANNING to grow, but is in the midst of explosive growth! Hop on board!
Working from our Merrifield, VA office (two blocks from Mosaic, 15-min walk from Metro), you’ll be working with our VP of Sales and leading our Inside Sales team. Full cycle sales from research -> outreach -> demo -> launch. Starting with a team of 4, you will refine the process and systems and grow a team we are all proud of!
Priorities are People, Process and Results & Culture
- Training / Vision
- Our prospects and clients “why?”
- Our “why?”
- Training / Vision
- Lead your team to success with predefined Activity metrics
- Lead your team to success with predefined email, phone scripts
- Lead your team to success with all processes; we are bakers, not cooks.
- Coaching –
- Attend sales calls with your people to both provide coaching opptys and to help them with the business.
- Continually train product knowledge, sales process, more
- Salesforce – religious.
- Lead your team to industry-leading Closing Ratios
- Lead your team to have your people at a level of parity with their prospects.
- Results & Culture
- Lead your team to meet / exceed quota, always using Activity as an early indicator of success.
- Lead / manage / train / know your people
- Director of Sales Ops role as it relates to Salesforce
- Report generation to be used in training
- Use SFDC data to direct team Activity, prioritization
- Generate your own business as well (25% of your team members individual quotas)
- Vision of the Inside Sales Department; Begin With the End in Mind
- Partner w VP / Sales to look two quarters ahead; forecast needs for people, training, tools
- Constantly know the next big training opportunity to lead your team with
Have to Haves
- Servant Leadership mentality, you work for your people
- High energy level, positive attitude. Somebody who fills up the room!
- Empathy for the people on your team, and others in the org
- Salesforce proficiency, SF will be a tool that you use in coaching as well as measuring
- Respect for the changing selling environment, ability to adapt to this.
- Passion for listening; to your prospects, your people and others in the org
- Passion for sharing the vision
- You love being a part of a team, we win together
- Fit in, then stand out
- You love restaurants. Everybody loves restaurants but you really love restaurants
Nice to Haves
- Restaurant Management experience strongly preferred
- You know the right time to join a company
- Professional and succinct writing skills (writing samples to be provided as part of the interview process)
- Hospitality Tech sales experience
- You love using a CRM system
- OK, well “like” using a CRM system
- OK, well you use it
- No seriously, you do. Every day, all day
The Ideal Candidate:
While this would be your next chapter / career, you continue to be hungry to climb to the top. The best salespeople treat their job as a craft and we train to that, along with all of the high standards that come along with it. You are smart and entrepreneurial and understand that you need to follow recipes before you can create specials. You might be starting something new, but there is opportunity, and a need for you to grow quickly into a position to lead within a year.
What’s it like to work with you guys?
We are a fast-growing, exciting business that is incredibly dynamic and evolving daily. The office atmosphere is one of collaboration, creativity, independence and fun. If you like bureaucracy, micro-management and boring meetings, well, you just won’t be happy here. Sorry! You will be happy here if you want to work somewhere you can make a real impact – on a company, an entire industry and yourself.
- Base salary
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, plus pre-tax HSA Plan with matching
- Casual atmosphere in Fairfax, VA, a block from Mosaic, and lots of nearby restaurants. Yum!
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to email@example.com.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.