- How It Works
- Log In
November 9, 2021
Product Release Notes – November 2021
Juan’s Flying Burrito
It’s almost that time of year when MarginEdge throws our annual office friendsgiving and my former restaurant colleagues set the bar way too high for a pot-luck style lunch! I’m already looking at the sign-up sheet to see what I’m up against….Celery Root Byaldi…Pastelitos de Carne…Jeez. Hopefully they’re ok with the store-bought pie I bring!
I’ll try to make up for it by serving up some awesome MarginEdge releases….
- New Mobile App – now available in the app stores!
- Inventory: Updating Count Sheets
- Internal Transfers
- …and more!
P.S. Would you like to count products in different units? We’re looking for beta testers for our new Multiple Count By feature. If you’re interested, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
– Jamie Grossarth, Product Manager
New Mobile App
Apple and Android just dropped the hottest new app – [me] Mobile! This new app is a substitute for our old app, with the following improvements:
- Better user experience for uploading invoices – see all the invoices you’ve submitted on your device and quickly change locations if you’re a multi-location user.
- Easily view sales and past sales data, plus filter sales data to see certain categories.
- Access support articles or reach out via email if you need further support.
- We’ll continue to add more and more functionality to this new app in the near future. Stay tuned!
If you’d like to switch over to our new app, just head over to the App Store on Apple or Androidand download [me] Mobile! If it’s not the right time for you to switch things up, feel free to keep using the old MarginEdge app – it will keep working as is.
Inventory: Updating Count Sheets
We’ve streamlined the process of keeping your count sheets up-to-date. If you’re reorganizing products in your restaurant, or when you stop purchasing certain products altogether, you can now bulk select multiple rows of products and recipes and remove them from inventory or add them to a specific count sheet.
Navigation: Inventory > Products
We’ve made some updates to our new Internal Transfers feature to help improve the process of recording product transfers amongst locations:
- Users initiating the transfer can now override the default price for the product to set their own price
- Transfer drafts can be deleted if you’d like to start over
For more information on how to get started making Internal Transfers, please see our help article.
Ready to review, approve, and pay your bills from anywhere at any time?
Other exciting enhancements
- You can now sort categories on the Controllable P&L by GL/Accounting Code
- We’ve added the ability to attach documents to closed invoices (helpful for adding things like payment confirmation receipt from vendors)
- We’re in the process of making it easier to connect your POS to MarginEdge. Whether you’re a new client, switching your POS, or opening new locations – you’ll soon have an easier time getting your data flowing over faster, the way you want it! We’re starting to work on Square, Revel, and Clover products.
New POS Integrations
New Labor Integrations
- Future POS
New Accounting Integrations
- Oracle NetSuite
- For Sage Intacct, invoices closed to credit card payment accounts will now include invoice documents and other attachments.
Tip: See Actual vs. Theoretical Usage of just Key Items
Are you looking to reduce food waste, but feeling overwhelmed by all the setup involved to get a meaningful Actual vs. Theoretical Report? We recommend starting to calculate food waste on just a few key items. Here’s a short blog on how to get started with a quick and dirty Theoretical Usage Report in MarginEdge!
Calculating Food Waste of Key Items: https://www.marginedge.com/2021/11/03/calculating-food-waste-rn/
Tag(s): Product Updates