You won’t need to hand-enter or code invoices ever again. Not in the restaurant, not in the back office, not in the accounting office.
Eliminate hours of data entry
Let operations teams focus on delivering great food and service, and accounting teams free up time to manage cash-flow and other key reporting.
Food costs now, not later
With continuous invoice processing, plus daily sales from your POS, you get immediate food and beverage costs during the period.
Minimize coding mistakes
Keep items consistently coded – categorize an item once, and it stays that way. Plus, add coding rules by vendor.
Better data, better insights = power boost!
Track price movements that affect you now. See price changes of ingredients, even across vendors. Monitor plate costs with live recipe pricing.
How does automated invoice processing really work?
MarginEdge talks to your accounting system, so all invoices, receipts, payments and credits flow seamlessly. But you want details, we know. So here’s the scoop:
You snap pictures
- Use our mobile app, quickly send one invoice or dozens
- Send us everything – credit memos, petty cash receipts, service bills
- You can also email items to your own unique email address
- Store in the cloud for instant, anywhere access to all invoices
We capture and code all line items
- Hand-written notes and adjustments, no problem
- We handle all your different file formats . . . jpg, pdf, png etc.
- We use your GL account codes and your coding rules
- Vendor item names are translated to real product names you use in the kitchen
- We capture payment info (ACH, check, credit card or petty cash)
Within 24-48 hours, your invoices are digital
- All A/P information auto-syncs to your accounting system
- Review and approve invoices before sending, if desired
- Use Bill Pay to manage vendor payments, anytime, anywhere
- Recipes and inventory prices update automatically
- Integration with your POS means access to live food costs
By reducing paperwork and streamlining operations overall, MarginEdge delivers big savings to the Tavern at Ivy City.
What People are Saying
Partner, Chef Geoff’s Deluxe Hospitality Group
Co-Founder, Caboose Brewing Co.
How do we stack up?
Take a look at how we compare to other companies offering automated invoice processing for restaurants.
|Upload invoices by app or email|
|Line items details captured|
|New vendor items categorized by staff of restaurant veterans|
|Recipes stay up to date when a product is bought from new vendor|
|Inventory stays up to date when a product is bought from new vendor|
|Product price movement visible across vendors|
|Invoice data combined with POS sales data for budgets and food cost reporting|